The evolution of digital downloads marks another milestone on November 23, 2004, with the debut of UMe Digital, the world’s first all-digital download label from a major music company. UMe Digital product — individual songs, EPs, and full-length albums — will be distributed exclusively online. The releases on UMe Digital will be consistent with UMe’s philosophy of marketing established acts and acts who already have an established fan base. Available on November 23 via all online music services will be recordings from pop visionary Parthenon Huxley, renowned guitarist Rusty Anderson (Paul McCartney, Stewart Copeland), alternative rock pioneer Ken Stringfellow (Posies, currently guitarist touring with R.E.M.), guitar giant John Jorgenson (Elton John, Desert Rose Band, Hellecasters), critically acclaimed Tennessee rock band The Shazam, modern rock innovator Dan Reed (Dan Reed Network), legendary hard rockers Black ‘N Blue, and singer/songwriter Will Owsley (Shania Twain and Amy Grant guitarist). UMe Digital presents an auspicious opportunity for artists who are between deals and those who have deals but own their recording masters, particularly for live and/or acoustic tracks and previously unreleased recordings such as outtakes and demos. An artist may release a CD on one label and release other product via UMe Digital. Quotes… Read full this story
- China’s Tencent Is Setting a Trend That Spotify May Have to Follow
- Warner Music sets foot in Vietnam
- 7 ways a streaming iTunes could compete with Spotify and its rivals
- Junior H Debuts in Top Latin Albums Chart Top 5 With ‘Atrapado En Un Sueño’
- King Crimson’s ’21st Century Schizoid Man’: Inside Prog’s Big Bang
- Sampling Steve Miller Band: A Listener’s Guide
- From Disneyland to Coachella, coronavirus has shut down these entertainment events
- The Weeknd’s ‘After Hours’ Spends Second Week at No. 1 on Billboard 200 Chart
- Corona Chronicles: ‘Tiger King,’ Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s Creative Spark and a Singer Faces Backlash After Testing Positive
- Are One Direction getting back together and will there be a reunion tour?
All-Digital Music Label Set To Debut have 329 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at November 23, 2004. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.