My intention when I left home this morning, was to walk along the river to see what birds I could find, but the panorama of an ever changing sky kept stealing my attention. Instead of watching for birds in the grasses and bushes, my eyes were drawn to the skies. The clouds chased hither and yon, stiff breezes scooting them across the sky in shifting patterns of blue, gray and white.As I walked, the winds continued to be blustery, forming one cloud configuration after another. Shapes and contours, silhouettes and profiles kept my imagination engaged, just like they did when I was a kid lying on my back in the yard, frittering away an afternoon watching cloud pictures.As the warmth of the sun increased, developing air currents coaxed out a group of Turkey Vultures (Cathartes aura). The sky above the river trail was host to first a dozen, and then two dozen vultures. The birder watcher in me routed the kid watching cloud pictures, and I focused my full attention on the circling vultures.As I watched their easy, soaring flight, I thought back to when I was a youngster. Vultures were always called BUZZARDS, and no one of my acquaintance… Read full this story
- Belfast Giants win streak snapped at ten as they drop second game in Sheffield
- Vehicle movements tracked in Turkey’s hunt for missing journalist’s remains
- Donald Trump silences reporter with claim Kurds ‘didn’t help us in the Second World War’
- Don't be a holiday martyr: The most common turkey-making mistakes
- Olympic golfer Justin Rose seeks ‘double whammy’ in Turkey
- Stuck in Syria, the US looks for a way out with the PKK
- Turkey to face Sweden in UEFA Nations League
- Turkey’s Assault on Kurds Abandoned by U.S.
- Turkey Identifies 5 Suspects in Probe of Saudi Journalist’s Fate
- Will we get another EU referendum, how would a second Brexit vote work and what is Labour’s position?
A Second Look At The Unsightly Turkey Vulture have 320 words, post on ezinearticles.com at February 24, 2008. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.