Steven Burda, 27, says he can guess what you’ll think about him at first. The former Soviet Union resident who now lives in a Philadelphia suburb has more than 34,000 immediate contacts (known as “connections”) on LinkedIn, the online social network for professionals. “The perception is that someone like me must have too much time on my hands,” he says. “I’ve heard that a few times.” In fact, Burda is rated number four among the most-connected LinkedIn members — and belongs to a controversial group of LinkedIn users called open networkers. But dismissing him as an Internet eccentric would be wrong.More LinkedIn coverage on CIO.comLinkedIn Etiquette: Five Dos and Don’tsLinkedIn vs. Facebook: Is the “Boring” Underdog Poised to Beat Its Flashy Competitor?LinkedIn Tips: How Many Connections Is Too Many?Burda lives a busy, productive life, one that would make politicians touting the promise of the American dream gush during campaign rallies. The Ukrainian son of a dentist (father) and a mechanical engineer (mother), Burda and his family moved to the United States in the early 1990’s. He earned an MBA from St. Joseph’s University and speaks three languages fluently. He does financial planning for aerospace and defense giants like Boeing and… Read full this story
- Bản in : ASEAN-China transport ministers hold special meeting on connectivity
- Politburo member meets John Kerry in D.C.
- Vietjet offers thousands of super-saving tickets
- Rise of the super app: tech firms join battle
- Vietjet offers 1.1 million super saving tickets to mark new routes from Can Tho
- Six major SOEs handed over to ‘super committee’
- WEF ASEAN 2018: The most successful regional meeting of WEF
- APEC should uphold role in regional, global connectivity: PM
- 51st ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting, related meetings fruitful: Deputy FM
- AMM-51, related meetings fruitful: Deputy FM
LinkedIn's Most Unusual Members: Meet The Super-Connected have 292 words, post on www.cio.com at December 10, 2008. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.