Volunteering to coach youth sports can be one of the most rewarding experiences in your life. It is a privilege to spend time teaching, coaching and mentoring youngsters in one of the most critical stages of their mental and physical development. Many kids do not have positive role models in their life. Many kids do not get the attention and the discipline that they need and desire. The main thing I want to discus today is the importance of thinking before you speak and the fact that your words greatly affect the self esteem of your players. Many coaches fail to remember that what a coach says can have long term positive or negative effects on a player. All youth coaches should remember these points regardless of which sport that they coach.What you say can have long term positive or negative effects on a player. It is a coach’s job and responsibility to see, identify, and correct bad player habits, mechanics and incorrect actions and behavior. Coaches should use an approach in such times that is constructive and that produces positive results. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a coach verbalizes displeasure when a player does something wrong as long as… Read full this story
- Jurgen Klopp says Simon Mignolet will stay at Liverpool
- Yashaswini Deswal: From watching idol to beating her
- Parkour freerunning organizations resist FIG's efforts to 'usurp' the sport
- Inside Wolves' academy: How Nuno Espirito Santo is utilising youth
- MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli "Unmatchable", India Favourites To Win World Cup, Says Kapil Dev
- Jadon Sancho: How far can he go? We've only seen 'one tenth' of his ability, says ex-youth coach
- The Monday After: The ACC needs Florida State to make the right hire at head coach
- Sports Parents, We Have a Problem
- Wu Lei: Espanyol and China forward is making an impression in La Liga
- Alabama coach Nick Saban says top 2019 signee Antonio Alfano has essentially 'quit'
Youth Sports Coach - Watch What You Say have 328 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 29, 2009. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.