Fewer than 92,000 couples married in or around Sin City last year. The last time the city of drive-through wedding chapels married fewer people, it was 1993. Christopher Pruett, left, and Cindy Zuniga of Honolulu, Hawaii, kiss after being pronounced man and wife at the Little White Wedding Chapel. The wedding industry hopes Valentine\’s Day provides some much needed sizzle, but they aren\’t betting on it.With it falling on a weekday, the celebration isn\’t expected to be as hot as year\’s past when lovers took advantage of the day falling on a weekend to go to the altar.The love recession is a real heartache for Vegas.”The volume is down,” said Joni Moss, a longtime Las Vegas wedding planner and founder of the Nevada Wedding Association, a business group. “The number speaks for itself. And people are just spending less.”Small mom-and-pop chapels have been hit the hardest, Moss said.In Nevada, 85 percent of all marriages start in Clark County, which includes Las Vegas, and almost five percent of all marriages in the country become official near the neon marquees and smoky gambling halls of the Las Vegas Strip.While Nevada was 35th in the nation in population in 2009, it\’s fifth in… Read full this story
- Final Fantasy fans take over Las Vegas as thousands gather to celebrate game
- I went mingling with Eve Online's space scoundrels in Las Vegas
- Netflix pulls The Punisher from New York Comic Con following Las Vegas tragedy
- Take-Two moving QA studio to Las Vegas
- Take-Two to open Las Vegas office?
- Project Highrise going to Las Vegas in first expansion
- Evo Returns To Las Vegas for Evo 2018 in August
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Fan Festivals Announced by Square Enix- Coming to Las Vegas October
- Uncharted 4, Batman: Arkham Knight Among Unreleased Games Coming To PlayStation Experience In Las Vegas Next Month
- Evo 2017 is back in Las Vegas this July
Las Vegas wedding chapels deal with love recession have 324 words, post on dtinews.vn at February 15, 2011. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.