Midi-SUVs are undergoing something of a renaissance. For the longest time, they were slightly over-glazed alternatives to MPVs. Practical, sensible and good for the rough logistics of moving stuff from A to B. but you definitely wouldn’t choose to go via ‘C’. But now these mid-sized SUVs are moving more mainstream, as socially acceptable as a traditional car, and with far more kudos than mere, common sedans. Not that the fundamentals have changed: they’re still roomy and full of space to grow and stow your family and possessions. But they’re also in grave danger of being fashionable.Check it out in a middle-class road near you: the large saloon tide is on the turn, and small to mid-size soft roaders are coming out to take their place. It seems people have finally cottoned on that – in a world of chronically overpriced cars, the practicality of an SUV boot is one of the few options that make any sort of financial sense. Okay, so there were always some SUVs out there with prestige – Honda never lost the faith at the top end of the market. But for Subaru, with a brand new entry like the XV here, this is an… Read full this story
- The best crossovers for 2021
- Subaru Outback Wilderness Edition Spied For The First Time
- Test drive: The 2021 Ford Bronco Sport lives up to its name
- The best family cars for 2021
- The best Google Stadia games for 2021
- Heroes Reborn: How did the Avengers and Fantastic Four wind up in another reality?
- Here are the challenges Chase Elliott and Jimmie Johnson will face in the Rolex 24
- Classic Renault 5 reborn as all-electric supermini with a Google brain and an ‘affordable’ price tag
DRIVEN: New Subaru XV 2.0i crossover tested in Bali have 282 words, post on paultan.org at May 1, 2013. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.