Just because a car becomes outdated and old where you live, doesn’t mean that’s what happens around the world. Sometimes those same cars live on. Sometimes they are resurrected. Sometimes, they live a second life. Think of it like an automotive witness protection program. When a car goes out of production in one place, doesn’t mean it’s gone out of production everywhere. Sold in far-off lands far from where anyone in the original market will notice, these cars have continued on for years, even decades after they were first put on sale in their home markets. Often it’s the result of one company wanting the benefits of the hard work of another, just without paying for all that pesky development work. Sometimes it’s just ill-considered business ideas. And sometimes, it’s genius. Kia Elan Yes, that’s a Kia badge on what appears to be a Lotus Elan from the early 90s. The famously square car never sold in the insane numbers that its competitor, the Mazda MX-5 Miata did. That didn’t stop Kia from thinking it would do better off in Korean hands in the late 90s after Lotus was done with it. Kia changed the badges, the rear lights, and… Read full this story
- Murdered crime boss 'lived his life the way he wanted' despite police safety warning
- Kim Potter Trial Live Updates: Closing arguments begin Monday
- Little known vignettes of Sonia Gandhi's life
- I’ve Seen a Future Without Cars, and It’s Amazing
- Girl with Down's syndrome takes to stage after beating cancer for second time
- EuroMillions results latest – Winning lottery numbers revealed with £14m jackpot up for grabs; live ticket checker
- Quit Your Job And Live Abroad: 11 Places So Cheap You Might Be Able To Stop Working In 2022
- Set For Life results LIVE – Winning numbers revealed; did your ticket win YOU £10k a month for 30 years?
- Watch goldfish driving a tiny robotic car on land in incredible video
- Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Bruno Guimaraes £40m, Vlahovic UPDATE, Coutinho joins Villa on loan, Aubameyang LATEST
Five Cars That Lived A Second Life have 339 words, post on jalopnik.com at July 6, 2013. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.