Rather than fielding a month of “decoy” logos, Microsoft cut to the chase on September 17 and debuted a new Bing search-engine logo and site refresh. Microsoft officials are describing the Bing updates as a rearchitecting of the company’s “brand vision” so that it’s more in alignment with its product roadmap. As some of us Microsoft watchers have been noticing for a while now, “Bing is no longer just a search engine on a web page,” as Scott Erickson, Senior Director of Brand and Creatived for Bing, concedes in a new blog post. Bing is now “a brand that combines search technology across products you use every day to help empower you with insights,” Erickson said. Among the growing number of Microsoft products that integrate Bing’s back-end machine-learning technology are the voice search in the Xbox Kinect sensor; the image/map embedding in Office documents; the translation functionality in Windows Phone and the Bing AppEx applications for Windows 8 and Windows Phone. Bing’s back-end tech also is what will power “Cortana,” Microsoft’s alternative to Siri and Google Now (though today’s blog post doesn’t mention Cortana). That said, Microsoft isn’t totally giving up on the idea of Bing.com as a search destination…. Read full this story
- Xbox One review: Is Microsoft's new console enough to make you take the plunge into next gen gaming?
- A first look at Microsoft’s new Windows 10X operating system for dual screens
- US, EU Launch New Broad Inquiries Into Big Tech Companies
- Apple set to launch new iPhones: How to livestream the event
- SoftBank-owned Arm to launch new AI chip for small devices
- Microsoft’s new Xbox Game Pass subscription grants access to more than 100 games
- Windows 10X vs. iPadOS: Does Microsoft finally beat Apple?
- Microsoft cleans up MSN, integrates Facebook, Twitter
- 8 of Microsoft’s coolest custom Xbox One consoles
- The best Microsoft Surface Pro deals and bundles for February 2020
Microsoft launches new Bing logo, design refresh have 316 words, post on www.zdnet.com at September 17, 2013. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.