It started at a ’50s-style drive-in and finished in a rodeo hall, but with all the amped-up glam you’d expect when a fabled French house descends upon the Big D: With the premiere of its latest Metiers d’Art collection on Tuesday night at Fair Park in Dallas, Chanel served up a spectacle worthy of its Texas locale, capped by Karl Lagerfeld’s magical take on prairie chic, via the artful skills of Parisian handicraft. PHOTOS: Chanel Packs the Front Row at Paris Fall/Winter 2013-14 Couture Of course, Chanel always pulls out the stops for these once-a-year road shows (past Metiers d’Art collections have debuted in Scotland and Shanghai), with the details combining to create an undeniable sense of the surreal. In the “Paris-Dallas” Drive-In that preceded the show, Dakota Fanning (wearing a delicate, origami-like dress from Fall/Winter 2013 haute couture) and Kristen Stewart (who was announced Wednesday as the new face for Chanel, and here donned a decidedly more casual crop top and high-waisted leather trousers from Spring/Summer 2014) shared one vintage car, while Lagerfeld climbed into the backseat of another with Anna Wintour (Andre Leon Talley sat in the front seat in a gold caftan). Lauren Hutton, meanwhile, posed on the… Read full this story
- Kylie Jenner flaunts her snow bunny status in a luxe Chanel suit with gloves... after Stormi takes to the slopes for her first time snowboarding
- New Line Wins Spec Auction For ‘Shut In’, Elevated Thriller By First-Time Scribe Melanie Toast
- Jason Bateman To Next Direct New Line Thriller ‘Shut In’
- The Carb Artist of Her Generation
- Kylie Jenner cheers on daughter Stormi as she nails her first try at snowboarding during luxe winter trip
- Supermodel Kathy Ireland Lashes Out Against Pro Choice
- Holiday gifts? Ivanka Trump walks past a huge pile of packages while leaving her D.C. home in a $2,300 coat - as the Democrats announce two articles of impeachment against her father
- The Court Report: Which of the five remaining undefeated college basketball teams will lose last?
- Ivanka Trump adds a funky touch to her outfit by tying a silk scarf across her chest as she steps out in a demure herringbone suit - after spending the night building toys with her two sons
- The 35 Most Insane Things to Ever Happen on Lifetime
Chanel's Texas Toast have 378 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at December 10, 2013. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.