The Norwegian princess was elegant in a cream embroidered dress and cream overcoat, along with a pair of open beige sandals and a matching beige clutch.
The 40-year-old royal wore natural make-up and let her blonde waves fall naturally for the first day of the trip, while Prince Haakon was handsome in a navy suit and patterned blue tie.
Vice State President Doan warmly welcomed the first visit of the Norgwegian prince and princess with a welcome ceremony at The Presidential Palace. Their visit marks the 10th anniversary of the tour of the Norwegian King and Queen to Vietnam in 2004.
On Wednesday the royal couple visited The Temple of Literature, where Vietnam’s first national university can be found. Dating back to 1070, the historical building is of great importance and is featured on Vietnam’s banknotes.
A ‘cyclo ride (rickshaw ride) was also on the royal itinerary, as the couple made their way back to the Sofitel Metropole Hotel in Hanoi during the day.
Mette-Marit changed her outfit for the evening proceedings, opting for a beautiful cream top and shawl and full-length leaf-patterned skirt.
The pair attended a State Banquet at The Government Guest House before going on to a Friendship concert at The Hanoi Opera House.
The couple’s visit to Vietnam follows the invitation of Vice President Nguyen Thi Doan and aims to further boost Vietnam and Norway’s cooperation, especially in trade and industry.
- Lao PM concludes official visit to Vietnam
- Cambodian Prime Minister begins official visit to Vietnam
- Meghan Markle Makes Her First Official Visit to the National Theatre
- Princess Diana wrote Prince 'Pa' Philip during marriage hell with Charles
- Cambodian PM Hun Sen starts official visit to Vietnam
- Kate Middleton, Prince William pay emotional visit to Princess Diana's grave before royal wedding
- How Kate Middleton and Prince William's wedding day compared to Princess Diana and Prince Charles'
- Prince Charles, wife Camilla visit Martin Luther King Jr., Lincoln memorials in Washington, greet tourists
- Call him Waldo Wilhelm: Many elected officials visit Citizenship Now! Bill de Blasio does not
- Princess Diana tribute: The touching way Kate and William are following Diana’s footsteps