Zoo Tycoon players have met the first Community Challenge with over 10,000 players selecting to support the Sumatran Tiger Survival Program. In just a few weeks, players released 1,000 Sumatran Tigers into the wild in the game, and as a result of these efforts, Microsoft donated $10,000 to the Sumatran Tiger Survival Program. The program is run by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA), which aims to help reduce the number of Sumatran Tigers killed, displaced or caught in snares.A new developer diary, posted below, details how the conservation effort operates and how the funds will be used. Dr. Peter Klein, deputy director of the Wildlife Conversation Society of Asia, said an estimated 300 of these remaining tigers are endangered due to habitat loss and human-tiger conflict. Approximately 15 tigers are killed every year due to human-tiger conflict, and the Wildlife Conservation Society has helped to drastically reduced the statistics to one tiger killed per year. “Funds raised by the Zoo Tycoon community will be used to purchase more equipment to construct tiger-proofed enclosures and noise cannons to help push the tigers back into the forest, in addition to paying for staff travel costs to the remote villages where… Read full this story
- Will The EB5 Investor Immigration Program Survive Beyond June 2021?
- Confusion reigns in Bangladesh's shadow team program
- Oil rallies to three-year high as Opec nations meet
- Big banks want communities of color to trust them. But it’s not so simple
- How the University of Alabama Became a National Player
- How the defence force, family gatherings, a footy player and toilet paper shaped Victoria's week
- APEC looks to partnerships to support business recovery
- Meet the Australian of the Year nominees for 2019
- A Few Tennis Pros Make a Fortune. Most Barely Scrape By.
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s ‘Letter From Birmingham Jail’
Zoo Tycoon players meet first Community Challenge supporting Sumatran Tiger Survival Program have 294 words, post on www.vg247.com at April 9, 2014. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.