Who can remember what they did last summer? For most of us it’s a haze of half-recalled snippets, of faded holiday moments, of barbecue parties that might equally have been in early June or late August. But here at CAR we can remember last summer in vivid detail, each glorious image a riot of Cobalt Blue with a backing track of V12 gunfire. For us it will always be The Summer We Took Delivery of an Aston Martin.Officially the DB9 was to be Ben Pulman’s long-termer, but round here we’re a quasi-autonomous democratic collective (when it suits us) so demands to borrow Ben’s car tend to get passed with a two-thirds majority. Poor lad never stood a chance. Except we did let him collect the car from Aston’s Gaydon HQ and enjoy a factory tour, during which this car’s specialness was underlined.Ben witnessed the 5.9-litre V12 being attached to a DB9’s magnesium torque tube and carbon propshaft, drank in the news that each car takes 220 man hours to build, and accepted reassurance that his choice of that blue paint (plus 20in wheels, 1000W Bang & Olufsen hi-fi and Carbon Packs, both interior and exterior) was well judged, even if… Read full this story
- Health care workers and long-term care facility residents should get Covid-19 vaccine first, CDC vaccine advisers say
- Aston Martin reveal title sponsor for F1 2021 season, tease green car
- Aston Martin set to drop pink livery as it reveals title sponsor
- Ashley Banjo reveals jaw-dropping luxury car collection – including 007-style Aston Martin
- Syria: Trump still favors timely withdrawal despite Macron assurances of long-term engagement
- AirPods Pro 1 year later: These wireless earbuds hold up long-term
- Sirin Labs Finney review
- Patients hit by 'debilitating' long Covid may have 'four different syndromes'
- Year in Review: The top hockey stories of 2020
- Year in Review: Top hockey stories of 2020
Aston Martin DB9 (2014) long-term test review have 307 words, post on www.carmagazine.co.uk at July 7, 2014. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.