NDO – With close monitoring of the Government, active involvement of the Government Committee for Ethnic Minority Affairs (CEMA), ministries and localities, and efforts of ethnic minority groups in realising policies, the living standards of ethinic minority groups have been improved. Minister and CEMA Chairman Giang Seo Phu granted Tra My and Trong Cham from Nhan Dan (People) newspaper an interview as follows.Question (Q): The Party and State always define work with ethnic minority communities as an important part in the country’s socio-economic development strategy, creating momentus for improving the living standards for over 12 million citizens of ethnic minority. Could you brief us on the outcomes of ethnic minority work in 2014 and the initial results in realising the Strategy on Ethnic Minority Work to 2020?Answer (A): In 2014, the CEMA rigorously monitored the implementation of directions by the Government and the Prime Minister, improved the committee’s leadership approaches in implementing key tasks, as well as worked closely with ministries, central agencies and localities to effectively realise policies related to ethinic minority groups. As a result, ethnic minority communities and mountainous regions saw continued stability, improved socio-economic conditions and an improved cultural and spiritual life. The poverty rate in…
- Vietnam makes big leap in human development: UNDP
- VEPG addresses key policy development processes for energy sector
- Tuyen Quang: over 116 billion VND allocated to ethnic minorities
- 'Minor league cities' need new federal partnership
- FSS 2020: 120 days to the zero hour
- Vietnam builds new national strategy on gender equality
- New approaches needed to address malnutrition in ethnic minority children: WB report
- Tenderloin ethnic eateries join forces for online orders
- No room on water, no home on land for Cambodia's ethnic Vietnamese
- Does Donald Trump Have a Reelection Strategy?
Ethnic strategy to 2020 focuses on socio-economic development in ethnic minority groups have 279 words, post on at January 15, 2015. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.