Production on HBO’s upcoming miniseries Lewis and Clark, starring Casey Affleck and Matthias Schoenaerts, had to be put on pause after multiple factors came to a head. Internal conflict and weather-related problems have caused a “rough shoot,” according to Deadline. With conflicts internal, and external, the break sounds like a Hollywood twist on the actual 1804-1806 expedition on which the six-hour series is based.The production hiatus is only temporary, but the network currently has two major players to replace before it can move forward. “For creative reasons, director John Curran and director of photography Rob Hardy will be leaving the production,” said HBO in a statement. “We will be bringing on a new director, and we plan to resume filming as soon as possible.” In addition, extreme weather conditions forced complications to the production, according to Deadline’s sources.Like the show, the famous real-life expedition had its fair share of challenges as Meriwether Lewis and William Clark embarked on perhaps the greatest discovery mission in American history, under orders from President Thomas Jefferson. Not only was there dissent between its leaders and the crew at times, skirmishes with local Native American tribes and hazardous weather were also constant realities of the journey. In comparison, the… Read full this story
- His Dark Materials Review: Improved Second Attempt, but Not Enough
- Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift among dozens of kind-hearted stars who've helped in lockdown
- Hollywood, Snowpiercer, Schitt’s Creek, and More: May 2020 TV Guide to Netflix, Hotstar, and Amazon
- Kazuo Ishiguro Sees What the Future Is Doing to Us
- 'Da 5 Bloods' Review: Woke Grandpas Stumble Around the Jungle
- 'Your World' on 100th anniversary of Tulsa Race Massacre
- How a Pledge to Dismantle the Minneapolis Police Collapsed
- Is There a Right Way to Act Blind?
- Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2019
- The 10 Coolest, Silliest, and Most Borderline Insulting TV Pilots of 2020
HBO’s Lewis and Clark is on pause, due to problems that mirror the expedition have 302 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at August 4, 2015. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.