If you’re reluctant to book a cruise because of the price tag, take heart: There are plenty of creative ways to cut costs without sacrificing the best parts of the trip. I asked a handful of cruise experts for their money-saving tips. Their responses make it clear that even if you’re tight on disposable income, you can still enjoy the high seas without busting your budget. There are several timing elements that’ll help you get the most affordable cruise possible. First, book early—at least four months before your desired sailing date, especially if you’re aiming for high season. “You get your choice of cabin, date, and dining times,” says Lori Sheller, vice president of cruise development for Tourico Holidays. Plus, you can take advantage of “early savings promotions” that toss in extra goodies. Second, try to book during “wave season,” between January and March, which is when cruise lines showcase their most aggressive offers for the year to come. “Deals promoted during wave season are valid for departures throughout the year but require booking during this three-month period,” notes Gabe Saglie, a senior editor at Travelzoo. “Travelers can save up to 75 percent and can find high-value extras like onboard… Read full this story
- Cheapest time to book hotels - easy tricks to save up to 50 percent on 2022 holidays
- Britain’s biggest family spend £400 a week in Asda and goes through 16 pints of milk daily
- Food recall: Tesco, Sainsbury’s & Asda recall items over salmonella presence - 'Don't eat'
- 41 Movies We Can’t Wait to See in 2022
- Expats: Full list of the 'best' countries to retire in 2022 - from Spain to Costa Rica
- I Bought The World's Most Hopeless Jeep. Bringing It Back To Life Was A Miracle That Nearly Broke Me
- Recipes on a budget: Vegan chefs share three ‘super fun’ meals - ‘warming and substantial’
- Best Roku TVs 2022: Which Should You Buy? | Digital Trends
- Celebrity deaths 2021: All stars we’ve lost from Sarah Harding to Prince Philip
- 2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD Review: Cyborg Sport Sedan | Digital Trends
10 Easy Ways to Save Money on a Cruise have 338 words, post on www.smartertravel.com at October 26, 2015. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.