ORLANDO, Fla. — It was just after 2 a.m. on June 12, and Rodney Sumter was face-down on the floor behind the bar at a packed nightclub, talking to God over the din of assault rifle rounds and thumping dance music.A few moments earlier, Sumter, a bartender at Pulse, a gay bar near downtown, had been shot three times by an unknown assailant as he started closing up for the night. As the situation unfolded and chaos descended on the club, Sumter had no idea he was a victim in the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history, but in that instant, context was irrelevant. He knew his situation was dire.The first bullet from the gunman’€™s Sig Sauer MCX rifle had shattered Sumter’€™s right arm. The second ripped through his left arm, just above the elbow, exposing muscle and bone. The third, a direct hit, pierced his upper back, just below a tattoo of two angels, one for each of his kids.That final shot left a bloody and terror-stricken Sumter gasping for air, and as he reconciled the fact that what remaining breaths he had might be his last, he turned to the heavens to say goodbye.”€œThe Bible says to train up… Read full this story
- Plymouth shooting: Hero dad Lee Martyn died trying to protect daughter Sophie, three
- Sept 11 attacks fuse photographer and survivor in trauma
- Brother of 1st hate crime murder victim post-9/11 reflects on progress, setbacks
- 'Get it off me': Shark attack survivor recounts near-fatal Whitsundays attack
- 9/11 anniversary: Divided America leaves George Bush 'worried for our nation's future'
- San Bernardino Shooting Kills at Least 14; Two Suspects Are Dead
- 20 years of 9/11: America's war on terror in 10 charts
- Survivor’s “#MeToo moment” protected the game instead of the players
- Last Stoneman Douglas shooting victim leaves hospital
- Ex-marine charged with quadruple murder ‘believed he was saving sex-trafficking victim’
Survivor’s story: Pulse victim recounts America’s deadliest shooting have 305 words, post on www.foxsports.com at August 3, 2016. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.