Vietnam has 54 ethnic groups, of which the Kinh constitute the majority of the population. Most groups often reside in remote and disadvantaged areas with lower socio-economic development. The Party and State have maintained a consistent policy of solidarity, equality, and respect between ethnic groups. Many national target programs have been launched to assist the minority population, such as program 134 on housing and farm land, program 135 on socio-economic development in remote areas and Resolution 30a on poverty reduction in the 62 poorest districts nationwide. H’Black, a Bana ethnic resident in the Central Highland province of Dac Lak, says Party and State programs for water and electricity supplies, roads, schools, and clinics have given the province a complete facelift. Local residents are learning how to apply technological advances to agricultural production. Now, 100 percent of the communes in remote, mountainous areas have medical clinics and primary schools. Ethnic minority languages are taught at more than 7,000 schools. The State has built boarding schools, providing free education and meals for thousands of ethnic people. Electricity and postal services are now available in all districts. Radio coverage reaches more than 90 percent of the country’s inhabited land with daily designated broadcasts… Read full this story
- Could Facebook Be Tried for Human-Rights Abuses?
- Vietnam with tireless efforts to ensure right to freedom of religion for all people
- Workplace raids to uphold women and child worker rights in Phuket
- Obama draws ire of Indian officials with call to protect Muslim rights
- Giving Rights to Children Born in Thailand
- For Rohingya, Years of Torture at the Hands of a Neighbor
- The Hinduization of India Is Nearly Complete
- The Price of Making Friends With Modi
- ABP Live News Shots: PM Modi's US Visit To Wagner Group's Rebellion In Russia — Top Headlines
- Vivek Katju writes: Why Barack Obama’s comments provoked Nirmala Sitharaman and Rajnath Singh
Ethnic minority’s human rights protected have 299 words, post on english.vov.vn at January 16, 2017. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.