Happy New Year to all our readers. I’m not a lawyer but I play one on TV. But seriously!This is an article I have been meaning to write ever since we performed an IT audit for a large law firm a year or so ago. The firm was responding to the HIPAA law that requires all third-party vendors working with healthcare organizations to have a Risk Assessment. This further proves my point that most businesses won’t do much in the area of cyber security or compliance, not even an IT risk assessment unless required by law.It’s hard to believe that even at this stage with countless breaches over the past few years Target, Sony, Anthem, OPM, Yahoo and so on. It’s no longer a matter of if you will be breached, but rather a matter of when or have you already been breached and you just don’t know it. Every person, SMB or large corporation that has an internet connection is vulnerable. So every connected device on the internet must meet minimum compliance standards and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.It’s no longer acceptable to just be backward looking legalistic IT compliant, organizations must design in security privacy architectures… Read full this story
- Covid-19 impact on cyber risk; Are directors prepared?
- Cyber security should be subject of national security: Goa DGP
- 'Payment sent' - travel giant CWT pays $4.5 million ransom to cyber criminals
- Microsoft faces complex technical challenges in TikTok carveout, risks ire of Trump administration
- Retail CEOs: Enough is enough. It's time for all US governors to require masks in stores
- TikTok 'will open a London HQ after move is approved by ministers' risking major row with Donald Trump over Chinese app
- Beauty products seller conned of ₹60 lakh by cyber fraudster
- Prolonged device upgrades threaten cyber-security: Study
- Why Hitachi, Allied Computers created solutions for GDPR compliance
- American-Born Citizens Hounded by UK Banks for US Tax ID, Risk Accounts Being Frozen - Report
Law firms subject to same cyber risk as others, but is compliance required? have 326 words, post on www.csoonline.com at January 4, 2017. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.