Quang Ninh (VNA) – As many as 100 volunteers took part in a clean-up campaign themed “Alliance action for a Green Ha Long” launched in the northern province of Quang Ninh on January 10. They came from different backgrounds, including students, businesses, and officials working for non-governmental organisations and State agencies. US Ambassador to Vietnam Ted Osius also joined in the activity, the second version of its kind, which forms part of the activities of the Ha Long-Cat Ba Alliance funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID). It aims to raise the public awareness on the need to improve the protection of the sea environment in Vietnam in general and in the Ha Long Bay World Heritage Site in particular. Its first version was held in June 2016. US Ambassador to Vietnam Ted Osius said one of the alliance’s efforts is to develop a management plan, with the involvement of individuals, units, enterprises and local authorities, non-governmental organisations in protecting the sea environment to avoid negative impacts on the world heritage sites. The programme also targets to maintain the quality of tourist destinations, thus creating jobs, generating State revenue and promoting green practices among businesses. The results from…
- Ha Long to build tunnel along Ha Long-Cam Pha coastal road
- Na Hang Lake a smaller version of Hạ Long Bay
- North Korea prepares to launch a new long-range rocket TWICE as big as the last amid fears Kim Jong Un is secretly testing a ballistic missile
- The Note: Trump family affair to highlight campaign launch
- 'Let's get it on'? Michael Bloomberg's 'vanilla' campaign launch speech draws mocking as Trump campaign aide says president will add Marvin Gaye song to rally playlist 'whenever he drops out'
- TPC Group has long history, spotty environmental record
- Apple asks court to ban tax campaigners from its French stores
- CNN’s Camerota to Duval Patrick on Campaign Launch: ‘We Have a Picture of the Nonexistent Crowd’
- CNN’s Camerota to Deval Patrick on Campaign Launch: ‘We Have a Picture of the Nonexistent Crowd’
- Everton supporter handed lifetime ban as police launch investigation into Lyon brawl
Bản in : Clean-up campaign launched for green Ha Long Bay have 357 words, post on at March 29, 2017. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.