Photo: Courtesy of Sundance The Sundance Film Festival is once again upon us. Actors are becoming feature directors (Rupert Everett, Paul Dano, Ethan Hawke, Idris Elba). Comedies are being conflated with dramas. And Ann Dowd and Andrea Riseborough are lacing up their snow boots to walk to a lot of press events. (They will appear in a combined seven movies at the Park City fest.) Some new careers will be jump-started, while other industry veterans will acquire a fresh patina of indie credibility, and every movie will be racing to catch Sorry to Bother You , which has the inside lane on all other competitors in the U.S. Dramatic category. But why is it the front-runner when all we have are a bunch of brief plot synopses and some cast lists? Because, "In a speculative and dystopian not-too-distant future, black telemarketer Cassius Green discovers a magical key to professional success — which propels him into a macabre universe." The movie, which was written and directed by Boots Riley, also stars Lakeith Stanfield, Tessa Thompson, Steven Yeun, Jermaine Fowler, Armie Hammer, and Omari Hardwick. Our apologies to everyone not involved in the making of Sorry to Bother , and we wish… Read full this story
- This is the pop culture that helped us survive 2018
- Philo: Everything to know about the live TV streaming service
- Apple TV+ original shows, series, and movies: The complete list
- Apple TV+ original shows, series, and movies: Stephen King to write 'Lisey's Story' miniseries, Julianne Moore to star
- Apple TV+ original shows, series, and movies: Oprah and Prince Harry take on mental health
The 2018 Sundance Lineup Has Been Announced have 263 words, post on www.vulture.com at November 29, 2017. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.