Advanced Micro Devices CEO Lisa Su said in a first-quarter earnings conference call that Ryzen processors now account for 60 percent of the company’s client processor revenues, compared to the low 40s in the fourth quarter. The Sunnyvale, California chip maker reported strong earnings today for the first quarter ended March 31. AMD was expected to earn an adjusted 9 cents a share for the first quarter ended March 31, compared with a loss of 4 cents a share a year earlier. Revenues were expected to be $1.57 billion, up from $1.18 billion a year earlier. Actual results came in at 11 cents a share in net income on revenues of $1.65 billion. Last week, AMD launched its second-generation Ryzen desktop chips. Zen-based architecture can process 52 percent more instructions per clock than the previous generation. AMD rolled out its faster Zen-based Ryzen chips a year ago, and now the Zen technology is spreading through the whole product line. “Our strong first quarter financial results demonstrate that our long-term strategy is paying off,” Su said in the call. Since the PC market isn’t growing at 40 percent, and since rival Intel also isn’t growing that fast, it’s logical to conclude that AMD’s latest… Read full this story
- New United CEO says he doesn't want to cut any jobs despite crisis
- AstraZeneca CEO says $1 billion vaccine bet is 'absolutely worth it'
- AMD Inadvertently Reveals Ryzen 7 3750X 105W CPU
- AMD CEO Lisa Su is First Woman to Top AP CEO Pay Analysis
- Ramayan: Prasar Bharati CEO says people mocked plan for rerun, asked ‘Who will watch it’
- Moderna CEO says coronavirus vaccine could be ready by end of year
- Huddersfield owner says 50 or 60 clubs could go bust in next year
- It’s never too late to fall in love, says Judy Murray, 60 as tennis star's mother reveals she's looking for the 'right partner'
- AMD’s powerful Ryzen 9 3900X CPU is down to its lowest Amazon price to date
- Ryanair CEO says UK's quarantine plans for incoming airline travelers is 'idiotic'
AMD CEO says Ryzen processors are 60% of processor revenue have 336 words, post on venturebeat.com at April 24, 2018. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.