The European Investment Bank (EIB) decided on Tuesday (17 April) that a report about how carmaker Volkswagen Group (VW) was able to acquire a €400m loan by deception should remain confidential in its entirety. The document, by anti-fraud agency Olaf, reportedly explains how the German car manufacturer was able to acquire the loan in 2009, while withholding from the bank that it was producing millions of diesel cars with illegal emissions-cheating software. This website had asked the EIB for the Olaf report in a formal access to documents request last January, after Olaf had turned it down. Six weeks ago, the Luxembourg-based bank refused access to that report, because “its disclosure would seriously undermine the protection of i) the privacy and the integrity of individuals, ii) ongoing court proceedings, iii) the purpose of investigations”. On Tuesday, Santoni wrote to say that the bank had reviewed the decision, but came to the same conclusion. He gave several reasons. Ongoing investigation One is that by keeping the report confidential, the bank was protecting ongoing court proceedings and ongoing investigations at national level. Publishing the report would “distort the principle of the sound administration of justice”. While Santoni did not specify, this would… Read full this story
- Sasha Banks Confirms Return for WWE Raw
- In 1990s redux, EU to consider blocking U.S. sanctions over Iran
- EU officials inspect 21st Century Fox unit in London
- WWE News: Ronda Rousey vs Nia Jax set for Money In The Bank
- Jerry Falwell DENIES report Michael Cohen helped resolve blackmail attempt over racy photos, saying jailed Trump lawyer never represented him in 'any legal or other professional capacity'
- The German daily Die Welt is reporting that police have foiled a knife attack on Sunday's half-marathon in Berlin
- Historic Number Of MITB Ladder Matches At Money In The Bank 2018?
- WWE News: WWE Championship match set for Money In The Bank
- Florida State defends academic integrity following Times report of athlete favoritism
- Tom Brady confirms he will play next season
EU investment bank confirms secrecy of VW fraud report have 334 words, post on euobserver.com at April 18, 2018. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.