Jeremy Hunt has said he backs a special visa programme for foreign doctors, nurses and other specialties in short supply in the NHS, and will raise the idea with the new home secretary, Sajid Javid. Speaking in the wake of the Windrush scandal, where the government knowingly threatened British citizens from the Commonwealth with deportation, the health and social care secretary suggested a short-term healthcare visa scheme would be helpful. While he said it was important to “stay true to the desire of the British public to have controlled immigration policies” he added the government recognises the NHS will have to import healthcare workers for the foreseeable future. Read more Recruitment of thousands of overseas doctors ‘stifled’ by visa rules Fury as Home Office denies visas to 100 Indian doctors US visa applicants might have to hand over their social media history Speaking in an interview with the Health Service Journal on Friday, Mr Hunt was asked whether a dedicated visa category for this group would be a solution. “I think it is a really interesting idea. And it’s something I should probably raise with the new home secretary,” Mr Hunt said. “The view of the government and the country is… Read full this story
- Global risk aversion biggest hindrance to foreign money coming into India: Jonathan Schiessl, IIFL
- Get an Ex Back - 5 Proven Strategies That Always Worked For Me
- Petitions are back in vogue. How do they work (and are they effective)?
- UK special forces may help British orphans escape Syria
- Types of Visa For Visiting the United States
- US lawmakers introduce legislation to protect H-4 visa workers
- Foreign Women and International Dating the 5 Types of Relationships You Can Have With Foreign Ladies
- Do You Want Work From Home Today?
- 'Women's Identity Is Composed of Myths': Author Samantha Hunt on Mermaids and the Reissue of
- Scavenger Hunts - How to Find Fun Ideas For a Photo Scavenger Hunt
Jeremy Hunt backs special visa for foreign people coming to work for NHS have 313 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at May 9, 2018. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.