By Dieter Kurtenbach | [email protected] | Bay Area News Group PUBLISHED: May 23, 2018 at 5:00 am | UPDATED: May 23, 2018 at 5:03 am OAKLAND — After going 16-1 in last year’s postseason — laying waste to the competition — the Warriors came into this season truly believing that they were head-and-shoulders above the competition. Houston? Yeah, they’re good, but even after the Warriors lost to the Rockets (who won 65 regular season games) in Game 2 of the Western Conference Finals, there was no sign that Golden State actually feared the West’s No. 1 seed. Instead, the Warriors repeated the mantra that they repeated after so many of their losses this season — in so many words: if we play good basketball, no one can beat us. But after the Warriors lost Game 4 on Tuesday — their 28th loss in 96 games this year — it sounded like that confidence, which easily could have been construed as unflappable before the game tipped, had cracked. Even if it was just a small crack, it’s notable. Warriors coach Steve Kerr has often talked about his team needing to feel “appropriate fear” for games — a manufactured sense of danger… Read full this story
- Rocket Arena preview: hands on with the new EA Originals 3v3 arena exploder
- Video: Warriors Superfan Fights to Keep His 'Kingdom'
- ICYMI: Top takeaways from this week's "Face the Nation": Lewis' lasting impact, COVID concerns
- Transcript: Dr. Richard Besser on "Face the Nation," July 19, 2020
- ICYMI: Top takeaways from this week's "Face the Nation": Mixed messaging on masks
- Transcript: AdventHealth CEO Terry Shaw on "Face the Nation," July 12, 2020
- Transcript: KinderCare CEO Tom Wyatt on "Face the Nation," July 12, 2020
- Walmart Will Require Shoppers To Wear Face Masks
- Transcript: Dr. Michael Drake on "Face the Nation," July 19, 2020
- Transcript: Scott Gottlieb discusses coronavirus on "Face the Nation," July 19, 2020
Kurtenbach: The Rockets are providing something these Warriors haven’t faced before have 300 words, post on www.eastbaytimes.com at May 23, 2018. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.