News / UK and world by Press Association July 10, 2018, 6:30 pm Updated: July 10, 2018, 10:50 pm FacebookTwitterLinkedInWhatsAppEmail Sign up to our Daily newsletter Theresa May has insisted that she is “looking forward” to her meeting with Donald Trump, despite the US president suggesting he will find it easier to talk with Vladimir Putin than her. Speaking as he set off on a European trip taking in a Nato summit and his face-to-face talks with Mr Putin as well as his first visit to the UK as president, Mr Trump suggested that Britain was in “turmoil”. The US president said he got along with Mrs May “very well”. But he also said he might make time during his UK visit to speak with his friend Boris Johnson, who has just rocked her Government by resigning as foreign secretary. It was “up to the people” whether or not they want Mrs May to stay as Prime Minister, he said. Mr Trump and his wife Melania ignored questions from reporters after they landed in Brussels to be greeted by the US ambassador to the EU, Gordon Sondland. The president was wearing the same dark suit as earlier, while the first… Read full this story
- The GOP’s Spectacular Failure to Take Out Donald Trump
- Donald Trump lashes out in profane tirade as Democrats accuse him of inciting violence
- Transcripts of Donald Trump's calls with foreign leaders restricted following leaks, US media report
- Donald Trump sacks John Bolton, moves Iran to backburner, but he has other foreign policy dramas
- Donald Trump is still controlling the narrative — and it rests with the word 'transcript'
- Donald Trump was already planning his impeachment victory lap. But then along came John Bolton
- Donald Trump Caught on Tape Making Lewd Comments to Billy Bush About Women in 2005
- Donald Trump impeachment trial: Key takeaways from day five
- Boris Johnson holds talks with Donald Trump over telecoms security amid concerns Huawei could threaten British intelligence as UK edges closer to final decision on its future role in 5G network
- Eight reasons why impeaching Donald Trump is a big risk for the Democrats (and three reasons why it's not)
Meeting Putin will be easier than talking to May – Donald Trump have 345 words, post on www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk at July 9, 2018. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.