Star Wars has always been a marquee property in media. The popularity of the movies to the widespread love for the formerly-extended universe has not waned for over forty years. Like any multi-media franchise, some adaptations stand out more than others, nostalgic memories overflowing us in our rosy-colored glasses that define our expectations. Playing Roles hopes to analyze the history and culture of video game RPGs, looking at tropes, mechanics, the philosophy of design, and even some retrospectives of classic RPG titles. You can find more of them here. The movies were always the primary focus for original fans. For those who grew up in the shadow of Star Wars, however, it sometimes comes from the unlikeliest of places, like a video game. Many games have been made for Star Wars before, but very few take a gamble to allow the player to play in the sandbox of the Galaxy Far, Far Away. For many, that nostalgic memory is strongest with one of arguably the best Star War games ever made, the classic RPG Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Now celebrating its 15-year anniversary, Knights of the Old Republic was unique as it was one of the few points… Read full this story
- Star Wars: Squadrons will let you disable cosmetics if you don't want to see people's tricked-out ships
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars season 7: Everything we know as show ends with May 4 finale
- EA announces ‘Star Wars: Squadrons’ game
- Star Wars: Squadrons ship component and pilot customization detailed
- New details emerge for the canceled Star Wars project Ragtag from Visceral Games
- Iconic Star Wars character set to return in The Mandalorian Season 2
- 'Mythbusters' Late Grant Imahara Also Operated R2D2 in the 'Star Wars' Prequels
- Star Wars: Episode VIII new actors names released
- Ewan McGregor 'to pay HALF of his Star Wars royalties to ex-wife Eve Mavrakis as part of their divorce settlement' after a 22-year marriage
- Would a gay kiss in Star Wars: Episode VIII cause a disturbance in the Force?
Playing Roles: A Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Retrospective have 328 words, post on techraptor.net at July 17, 2018. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.