Halep’s departure is another blow to the organisers of the event. On Saturday former world number one Andy Murray withdrew from the tournament citing an ankle injury. The top three men in the world – Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic – had all decided to skip the event with excuses of injury or fatigue. “There is a pain. I couldn’t move properly so that’s why I stopped,” said Halep who suffered another back injury while competing in Wuhan. “I don’t know exactly what it is,” she added. “I will go home and I will have a scan and I will see. I’m just worried now, I feel sad that I couldn’t finish.” Defending champion Caroline Garcia advanced to the second round with a three set victory over wildcard Wang Yafan. The world number four from France won 7-6 6-7 6-3 after just over three hours of play against the world number 78 from China.
- Tom Cruise’s on-set injury forces long ‘Mission: Impossible 6’ production delay
- Apple opens first store in Hong Kong, but China openings appear behind schedule
- China denies pointing powerful lasers at U.S. aircraft
- World View: China Deploys Cruise and Surface-to-Air Missiles in South China Sea
- Steven Mosher: ‘The Swamp Is Going Crazy Over This Idea We’re in a Trade War With China’
- Report Exposes China’s Forced Confessions from Human Rights Activists
- Chinese Military Threatens Taiwan in Air Force Propaganda Video
- China Warns Taiwan: America Can’t Protect You
- China Repeats Military Drills Near Taiwan Following Threat of Military Intervention
- Xi Hosts China’s Largest Naval Parade Ever in ‘Potential Combat Zone’ South China Sea
Back injury forces Halep out of China Open have 279 words, post on en.rfi.fr at September 30, 2018. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.