The shift to cloud computing continues to gain momentum, with nearly half of application spending going on-demand within the next four years.Across key areas of enterprise technology investment — including system infrastructure and software, application software and business process outsourcing — 19 percent of spending currently goes on cloud services. According to tech analyst Gartner, that will rise to 28 percent by 2022, with growth in enterprise IT spending on cloud-based offerings outstripping growth in traditional, non-cloud IT offerings. SEE: Cloud v. data center decision (ZDNet special report) | Download the report as a PDF(TechRepublic)”The shift of enterprise IT spending to new, cloud-based alternatives is relentless, although it’s occurring over the course of many years due to the nature of traditional enterprise IT,” said Michael Warrilow, research vice president at Gartner. But cloud computing is not the answer for everything; many companies still have significant investments in their existing IT infrastructure, which they are reluctant to discard. Despite offering more flexibility, renting computing power can work out more expensive than buying, and many businesses remain reluctant to hand over their mission-critical data to a service provider. And while the largest cloud computing vendors have a good track record for security… Read full this story
- Open Source Vs SaaS Vs Cloud Computing
- Where Do Computer Viruses Come From?
- The Tipping Point - Blink & Think While I Make a Difference Dear Gladwell
- Home Recording Studio and Free Tips
- Small Business Computer Support and Online Repair Services
- Head South For The Best Canary Islands Travel Tip
- Cloud Recruiting - Are We Ready For a New Era of Recruitment?
- Homeworld 2 - Mission Tips
- South African Holiday Highlights - Visiting Cape Point
- The Shift From Desktop DVD and USB Thumb Drive Media to World-Wide-Web Computing
The relentless march of cloud computing continues, and here comes the tipping point have 282 words, post on www.zdnet.com at September 18, 2018. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.