Detroit police found 36 fetuses in boxes and 27 others in freezers during Friday’s raid at the Perry Funeral Home. (Photo: CNN Newsource) DETROIT (AP) — Police removed the remains of 63 fetuses from a Detroit funeral home and regulators shuttered the business amid a widening investigation of alleged improprieties at local funeral homes. Detroit police Chief James Craig said officers found 36 fetuses in boxes and 27 others in freezers during Friday’s raid at the Perry Funeral Home. He said he was “stunned” by the discovery, which came a week after the remains of 10 fetuses and one infant were discovered in a ceiling at Detroit’s defunct Cantrell Funeral Home. Those remains were found after state regulators in Lansing received an anonymous letter. Michigan Licensing and Regulatory Affairs said the remains found at the Perry Funeral Home were turned over to state investigators, who immediately declared the funeral home closed and its license suspended. Inspectors for the State of Michigan’s Corporations, Securities & Commercial Licensing Bureau said in a statement that they had found “heinous conditions and negligent conduct” at the Perry Funeral Home, including numerous failures to certify death certificates and obtain proper permits for burial. The agency’s… Read full this story
- Police: Man Ignites His Home Due To 'CIA-Implanted Computer In His Brain'
- A Federal Court Just Rejected A Funeral Home’s Religious Objections To Employing A Transgender Woman
- Sign Of The Times: Capsule Urn, The iPod Of Funeral Home Products
- Police bail faces shake-up amid concerns it is failing victims of violent offenders
- Coca-Cola, H&M, Dabur, KFC ask Delhi staff to work from home amid severe pollution: Report
- On Tis Hazari clash, Delhi police submit report to home ministry
- Howard places former Kansas State coach Ron Prince on leave amid investigation
- SF police raid journalist’s home in probe over leaked Adachi report
- Swedish Police Blasted for Curfew Call Amid Surge in Violent Sex Attacks
- Grace Millane: Police find body in backpacker murder investigation
Detroit police find 63 fetuses in funeral home amid investigation have 330 words, post on nebraska.tv at October 20, 2018. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.