Donald Trump marks Thanksgiving Day with threat to close Mexico border BelfastTelegraph.co.uk President Donald Trump made a Thanksgiving Day threat to close the US border with Mexico for an undisclosed period of time if his administration determines that its southern ally has lost “control” on its side. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/donald-trump-marks-thanksgiving-day-with-threat-to-close-mexico-border-37556480.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/article37556475.ece/00914/AUTOCROP/h342/bpanews_d72e6cd3-2afa-4fe8-9e05-a4c15b71a7aa_1 Email President Donald Trump made a Thanksgiving Day threat to close the US border with Mexico for an undisclosed period of time if his administration determines that its southern ally has lost “control” on its side. Mr Trump also said he has given the thousands of active-duty troops he sent to the border before the November 6 midterm elections the “OK” to use lethal force against migrants “if they have to”. And he said US homeland security secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, whom he has faulted for not being tough enough on immigration, is “in there trying”. “It’s a tough job,” he said. The president would not discount the possibility of a partial government shutdown early in December over politicians’ refusal to allocate the billions of dollars he is demanding for a border wall, the central promise of his 2016 campaign. “Could there be a shutdown? There certainly could, and it will be… Read full this story
- Government response updates: Trump invokes Defense Production Act, closes southern border citing 'viral spread'
- Lindsey Graham says it's time for Donald Trump to use 'emergency powers' to build border wall
- Donald Trump impeachment inquiry latest updates
- A Trump adviser is working on plans to reinstate Muslim registry and build a U.S.-Mexico border wall
- Donald Trump: 'Pathetic' Joe Biden Makes Jimmy Carter Look Great
- Is Donald Trump strategically pushing out non-Americans from the United States?
- Donald Trump pardons ex-strategist Steve Bannon and dozens of others on leaving office
- Fears grow for future of British car manufacturing as Donald Trump’s steel tariffs threaten to spark full-scale trade war
- Donald Trump Legacy And Big Tech: Constantly Needling Tech Companies But No Clear Policy In Place
- Donald Trump says he is ‘very seriously’ looking at 2024 POTUS run in bombshell interview
Donald Trump marks Thanksgiving Day with threat to close Mexico border have 368 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at November 22, 2018. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.