Of course, Hue took only a few days to join up with the Browns’ rivals — the Bengals — after he got canned in Cleveland … and dudes like Baker Mayfield were REALLY upset about it.
But, Jim tells us the QB and others shouldn’t be … saying Hue made “a good move.”
“No bitterness with him. He’s got a job right away. It tells you that he had a value. But, it didn’t work out with him and the Browns. That’s it.”
As for Baker’s snub of the coach after Cleveland beat Cincinnati on Sunday … Jim sees no controversy there, saying Mayfield just got caught up in the moment of competition.
“When you’re getting ready for a game, you’re getting ready for a game. You’re not trying to make friends.”
As for the Browns themselves … Jim can see a playoff game in their future this season — IF they do just one unlikely thing.
The Browns are 4-6-1 and sitting at the bottom of the AFC North — but they’re definitely NOT mathematically eliminated … only 3 games out of 1st place.
They’ve got 5 games left — facing the Texans, Panthers, Bengals, Broncos and Ravens.
Could they win out and clinch a post-season berth? Hey, stranger things have happened …
- Hue Jackson out as Browns coach
- CNN’s Jim Acosta defends shouting questions at Trump: ‘If they want to send me to hell, I’ll still be shouting at the devil’
- AHTC trial: Defendants acted ‘in good faith’ at all times, say lawyers in closing submissions
- Browns tie Steelers to end 17-game losing streak
- Browns trade wideout Josh Gordon to Patriots for late-round pick
- Bills receiver Corey Coleman can’t escape Browns past
- Browns no longer being disrespected
- Browns and Vikings take different approaches to waiving their wayward kickers
- Browns go with Freddie Kitchens as new head coach
- Browns’ Baker Mayfield spikes nerves as NFL spotlight awaits