Otto Bathurst directs Eve Hewson (Bono’s daughter) in a new take on Robin Hood, writes Esther McCarthy.When Otto Bathurst directed the first three episodes of a gritty period thriller, he was excited about the script — but couldn’t have anticipated what a sensation it would become.That series was Peaky Blinders, which has given Cork actor Cillian Murphy one of the best roles of his career, that of the ruthless and complex Tommy Shelby.“We had no idea. I mean, we knew it was good, but we made it for very little money,” he says of that time. “We really pushed the boat out, we went for it big time and tried to do something genuinely brave and original.”He credits leading star Murphy as key to its success. “Peaky Blinders depends so heavily on Cillian. If you’re going to have a character who is this brooding powerhouse of a man, that is a really tough thing to do. There’s no way it would have been anything that it is if it hadn’t been for Cillian.“He is the lynch of the whole thing, and to make a character like Tommy Shelby as unavoidably fascinating despite his moral repugnancy is quite an achievement. He’s… Read full this story
- 'Robin Hood' hackers infiltrate black market site selling 26 million stolen credit cards and turns data over to banks so cards can be canceled
- Robot can run almost as fast as the world's new marathon record holder - as next generation of droids aim to outpace Olympians and animals
- Will Obama's New Credit Card Bill Turn the Tables on the Industry?
- Archery on a Stag Weekend
- A Review of the Sandino Affair by Neill Macaulay
- ‘The Hollow’: a ‘live music/movement mashup’
- Some Players Are Hunting Down Minorities In
- The Lady in the Spitfire - Written by Helena Schrader
- Dallas, Nielsen and the Mafia Connection
- Warren in the spotlight at Ohio debate
Otto Bathurst hitting the target with new take on Robin Hood have 319 words, post on www.irishexaminer.com at November 20, 2018. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.