1. Opportunity for peace on the Korean PeninsulaDPRK leader Kim Jong-un (left) and US President Donald Trump in a summit in Singapore on June 12th, 2018 (Photo: Xinhua)Moon Jae-in and Kim Jong-un have met three times in 2018 amid warming ties between the two Koreas. The two leaders met each other two times in the Truce Village of Panmunjom, on April 27th and May 26th. The third inter-Korean summit took place at Pyongyang on September 20th. At the events, the two leaders signed the Panmunjom and Pyongyang Declaration in which RoK President Moon Jae-in and top DPRK leader Kim Jong-un agreed to end hostile relations, increase cooperation and exchanges, and denuclearize the Korean Peninsula. Earlier, DPRK leader Kim Jong-un on April 27th officially stepped over a cracked slab of concrete, the world’s most heavily armed border, to greet the RoK’s President Moon Jae-in. The two leaders met at the Demilitarised Zone that divides the two countries for a historic summit, the highest-level encounter yet in a recent whirlwind of nuclear diplomacy. “I am happy to meet you,” said President Moon to Kim. President Moon Jae-in also briefly stepped into the DPRK before walking back. “A new history begins now – at the… Read full this story
- World Cup 2018 Underway As Miami Looks To 2026
- Under-19 Women’s T20 World Cup 2023: India squad, match dates, groups, significance
- World War 2 tributes continue as RAF remember ‘TOTAL SOLDIERS’
- Do country events have a problem with alcohol?
- Saudi Sponsorship Catches Women’s World Cup Hosts by Surprise
- The world’s richest fashion dynasty is at stake – but who will take control?
- A huge effort is under way to save California’s giant sequoias from future fires. Here’s how it’s going
- G20 summit: Macron and Xi pull rug from under Putin with 'close coordination' plan
- France’s Hardening Defense of Cartoons of Muhammad Could Lead to ‘a Trap’
- White Ferns' lack of batting depth could be their Achilles heel at the T20 World Cup
Ten most significant world events in 2018 have 325 words, post on en.dangcongsan.vn at December 28, 2018. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.