Another blast of heavy snow up to 10cm deep is set to spark two days of travel chaos after temperatures plunged to -13C on the coldest night of winter. Snow is expected to fall in Britain for about 24 hours from Thursday afternoon, with some places being hammered for up to nine hours at a time. The Met Office has issued snow, ice and freezing fog warnings for most of the UK, telling Britons to prepare for “very significant snowfall” and slippery surfaces until late Friday night. The heaviest snow could fall across Wales and southern England as a potentially life-threatening storm sweeps in from the west and lingers, threatening to cut off villages and strand drivers on impassable roads. The Met Office has issued five separate severe weather warnings for the UK for snow, ice and freezing fog, with varying times. Drivers were warned that Thursday morning’s commute would be made hazardous by black ice and freezing fog, which was reducing visibility to less than 100 metres (330ft). A yellow warning for snow and ice for most of England and Wales is in effect from 1pm on Thursday to 9pm on Friday, covering the places where the heaviest accumulations… Read full this story
- Meteorologists: Heavy snow expected across most of Michigan
- This Week’s Late-Night
- Predators’ Ellis ‘not bitter’ at Corey Perry after Winter Classic hit
- Blues to play Wild in 2021 NHL Winter Classic
- 10 Robyn Deep Cuts Worth Revisiting
- Record-breaking temperatures 'have robbed the Arctic of its winter'
- UK weather forecast – London and South East may see snow today as Met Office warns flurries ‘anywhere’
- UK weather forecast: -6C big freeze set to grip UK sparking alert from health chiefs over ‘deadly heart attacks’
- Seattle receives the most snow in 70 years, bitter cold temperatures expected
- How Mild Winter Weather Is Helping Delaware Valley Road Crews, Local Governments To Save Money
Snow 10cm deep to spark chaos after -13C freeze on coldest night of winter have 318 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at January 30, 2019. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.