Fun fact: Regina King’s name literally translates to “Queen King,” Regina meaning “queen” in Latin. In case you think you think that’s a coincidence, her sister Reina’s name translates to the same, albeit in Spanish—and the two share a production company called Royal Ties. (Another fun fact: Rihanna is a derivation of Rhiannon, which is “queen” in Celtic.) But with a name—and bearing—like “Queen King,” I suppose we shouldn’t be surprised at the array of crowns this member of Hollywood royalty has been wearing this awards season; the latest a rowed braided updo on the cover of Vanity Fair’s Awards Extra special issue. Advertisement It’s only the latest time in a week fans of the star have seen King rocking a traditional African hairstyle. Eschewing her typical relaxed bobs and chignons, she wore an updo of Senegalese twists to attend the BAFTA awards on Sunday night in London, England. In the back, hairstylist Dionne Smith created an intricate crisscross pattern that perfectly echoed the lines of King’s form-fitting fuchsia Versace gown. Advertisement Returning to New York City in time to sit front row at Michael Kors’ Fashion Week presentation, King gave the look a relatable homegirl twist, rocking big gold… Read full this story
- Queen of Our Kingdom: Regina King Is Killing Us Softly in Marie Claire's 'Ambition Issue'
- Emma Corrin recreates Princess Diana's visit to Sydney in 1983 and is swarmed by fans while shooting The Crown season 4 - which is ALREADY filming a month before series 3 premiere
- Emily Blunt is left cringing as Critics' Choice Awards host Taye Diggs asks her to touch his bum in awkward Mary Poppins skit
- Lady Gaga sinks to her knees as she takes her Academy Award for Best Song to the Vanity Fair Oscars party... after triumphant star's electrifying chemistry with Bradley Cooper set Twitter alight
- Thai King Strips Royal Bodyguard Of All Titles For 'Disloyalty'
- The King's coming... call for Carson! Only one man can save the day when royalty descend on Downton Abbey. In this exclusive preview of the new film, the cast tell of the electrifying tension above and below stairs
- Future Queen in training! Princess Leonor of Spain, 13, is joined by Queen Letizia and King Felipe and her lookalike sister Sofia, 12, to meet winners of an award bearing her name
- 'I thought Prince Charles was a national JOKE!': The Crown star Josh O'Connor reveals how playing future king changed him from being a staunch republican to a ROYALIST
- Emmy Awards winners: Game Of Thrones emerges victorious with top drama honor despite fan backlash over lackluster final season... as cast celebrate reuniting by snapping fun selfies
- The steamiest royal romance of them all: As The Crown recreates Princess Margaret's racy bathtub pose, RICHARD KAY examines what lay beneath the surface of her relationship with Antony Armstrong-Jones
Queen, Meet Crown: Regina King Gets Even More Glorious this Awards Season have 468 words, post on theglowup.theroot.com at February 14, 2019. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.