Regina King. Photo: Araya Diaz/Getty Images for #SeeHer Being a celebrity is awesome: fancy parties, pretty clothes, courtside seats to NBA games. But there are downsides, too, like almost being squished like a bug in your courtside seat when a player goes after a loose ball. That’s what happened to Oscar nominee Regina King tonight at Madison Square Garden, where the actress was watching the Knicks take on the Philadelphia 76ers. Philadelphia player Joel Embiid was chasing a pass when he actually leapt straight over King’s head. He narrowly missed her, but definitely landed on the statistician behind her, who was reportedly unharmed. Afterwards, King tweeted out her gratitude to Embiid for not crushing her bones or her dreams of going to the Oscars relatively unscathed: “Yoooo. Thank you God and @JoelEmbiid for your athletic abilities. Crisis averted 🙏🏾”
- Mahershala Ali and Regina King win supporting gongs at the Oscars
- Regina King named best supporting actress at the Oscars
- Regina King praises #MeToo for helping women ‘find their voice’
- Chris Evans hailed a ‘gentleman’ for helping Regina King up to Oscars stage
- Chris Evans hailed 'superhero' as he helps Regina King to Oscars stage
- Regina King: Oscar win makes LA native the toast of Tinseltown
- Oscar predictions 2019: who will win tonight?
- Ewan MacKenna: 'The sport of kings built on elitism and wealth, but why does it come at a cost for staff?'
- Loan to troubled agency over King’s Lynn Innovation Centre will be discussed in public
- Two dead after reports of ‘crush’ at Cookstown hotel party
Regina King Was Almost Crushed Tonight have 253 words, post on www.vulture.com at February 14, 2019. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.