House Speaker Nancy Pelosi leaves a news conference Thursday on Capitol Hill where she again insisted that there will be no money for a wall in a border security funding measure. She chided President Donald Trump for the tone of his tweets on the matter and said congressional negotiators should be able to craft a bill without “outside interference.” WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump offered a pessimistic assessment Thursday of congressional negotiations over border security funding and suggested he is ready to move forward with construction of a border wall without the consent of lawmakers. In a series of morning tweets, Trump wrote that Republicans involved in bipartisan House-Senate negotiations that began Wednesday are “wasting their time.” “Democrats, despite all of the evidence, proof and Caravans coming, are not going to give money to build the DESPERATELY needed WALL,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “I’ve got you covered. Wall is already being built, I don’t expect much help!” His tweets came a day after Democrats unveiled a new border security plan that contains no new money for physical barriers along the U.S.-Mexico divide. The Democrats’ proposal was their opening bid in negotiations aimed at coming up with a deal to keep… Read full this story
- Donald Trump hits out at Democrats for playing 'shutdown politics'
- President Trump insists his views on a border wall with Mexico have not evolved
- Trump laments 'nice present' of shutdown on inauguration anniversary
- Donald Trump brags Democrats 'caved' on US government shutdown deal
- Trump signs budget bill after threatening veto
- Trump plans to offer 1.8m undocumented immigrants path to citizenship
- Donald Trump to push immigration plan in first State of the Union
- Donald Trump's new tax and spending plan slammed as 'morally bankrupt'
- Donald Trump's Davos attendance 'on hold' due to US shutdown
- Donald Trump: Legislators too fearful of NRA to take action on guns
Trump's deal hopes dimmer; Democrats detail plan for border have 303 words, post on www.arkansasonline.com at February 1, 2019. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.