Today, if a hundred other news stories haven’t already alerted you to this fact, is International Women’s Day. It honors, it celebrates, it congratulates all the important things women do. It also, more and more, has evolved into an annual race by every brand to find some novel way to get in on the hype. Here at WIRED Photo, we didn’t want to be one of those brands, but we also wanted to acknowledge the great work of the female photographers we’ve commissioned over the last 12 months. So we decided to let them commemorate themselves—in their own words. Understandably, they want to be recognized for their photos, not their gender, but in an industry where they’re more likely to experience sexism, less likely to be hired, and often paid less than their male counterparts, championing their contributions feels essential. “I know I’m standing on the shoulders of giants to even be able to say this, but what it means to me is to not be labeled as a female photographer, but rather a photographer,” says Dolly Faibyshev, one of the shutterbugs profiled below, all of whom provided portraits. “We don’t refer to male photographers as male, you know? That’s… Read full this story
- Photographer Prashant Samtani on clicking renowned TV celebs and his advice for the beginners
- #TravelTuesday: Stars share AMAZING holiday pix
- AMAZING! How these men spent their quarantine
- NSW Police release photographs of female officer after alleged assault
- Hailey Bieber looks amazing makeup-free as she models cow print bikini while relaxing on vacation with husband Justin
- Making waves! Underwater photographer captures stunning images of model divers off the coast of Hawaii - as they perch on the edge of ship wrecks and snorkel around eerie caves
- Kendall Jenner pulls double duty photographing and modeling in Burberry's summer campaign
- ‘I couldn't cope with my mum… now I finally know why’: After spending her childhood walking on eggshells, ANNA WILSON discovered decades later how her mother’s mood swings were due to undiagnosed autism
- The AMAZING life of Katrina Kaif!
- 10 times Karisma Kapoor gave us AMAZING fashion goals
23 Amazing Female Photographers You Should Know have 351 words, post on www.wired.com at March 8, 2019. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.