OPINION: Have you ever driven around with your granddad in the car? You have to drive because he’s too old. He’d get lost. He’d have an accident. So you take the wheel. Don’t think for a second that that makes you in charge of the vehicle. He knows the roads like the back of his hand, he’s told you where you’re going, he barks directions at you willy-nilly and sometimes he’ll reach over and put your bloody indicators on. A backdown of epic proportions: How the capital gains tax died Government rules out capital gains tax Tax Working Group recommends capital gains tax It might feel like you’re in charge, but actually you’re only pulling the levers granddad will let you. He’s the real pilot here, mapping your direction of travel to use a god awful catch-cry of this Government. So Jacinda Ardern once again finds herself with old backseat driver Winston Peters with his hands on the blinkers. Only she’s been driving round now for 18 months. “Let’s take a left down capital gains tax road, remember that’s where we’re going. Let’s do this,” she says. “No, let’s not do this. Keep driving,” he says. “Let’s take this left… Read full this story
- Jacinda Ardern's 'Christchurch Call' has made strides, but is it worth much more than the paper it's written on?
- K-drama Taxi Driver: Styled like Ryan Gosling in Drive, Lee Je-hoon plays a vengeful cabbie
- Kiwi teenager first minor to be deported to New Zealand from Australia
- Not just a phase: How Gen Z is changing climate politics
- The toil and trouble of the trans-Tasman bubble
- New Zealand refused to call out Australia at UN over deportees
- Bill English looking forward to life after politics after calling time on 27-year career
- Government may axe promised roads, as costs mount in $12b infrastructure package
- Million-dollar dumps: Auckland's derelict properties worth millions of dollars
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 26
Ryan Bridge: Jacinda Ardern's at the wheel, but Winston Peters is driving have 327 words, post on www.newshub.co.nz at April 18, 2019. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.