Next weekend marks the unofficial start of the Maine tourist season, and every year new restaurants scramble to open in time for the influx of visitors, hoping to get a big, juicy slice of that economic pie. Open by Memorial Day, the feeling goes among restaurateurs, and hopefully the opening kinks can be worked out by the time the crowds really start to swell in July. Here’s our look at new restaurants that are opening this season. You still have plenty of time to sample what’s new before it becomes impossible to get a table:FLOOD’S 747 Congress St., Portland Target opening date: May 31 For fans of Biddeford’s Palace Diner, this is one of the most anticipated openings of the year. Greg Mitchell, co-owner of the popular diner, is branching out on his own with this “modern-day tavern with Old World vibes,” as he describes it. The 45-seat restaurant is adjacent to, but unaffiliated with, The Francis Hotel. Flood’s (named after a character in the book “Old Mr. Flood” by Joseph Mitchell) will start by serving dinner Wednesday through Sunday, with lunch to come later. The bar will open at 4 p.m. Although Mitchell will oversee everything, he has hired a… Read full this story
- How America’s Diet Culture Hinders Those With Eating Disorders
- Nigella Lawson shares what she's eating for lunch and dinner during the lockdown
- Twilight killers’ twisted revenge fantasies left teens ‘excited’ to slaughter mum and sister in kitchen knife bloodbath
- Lock-down impact: Zoo carnivores forced to eat frozen meat
- From Jack Nicklaus to Tiger Woods, these are the most exciting finishes in Masters history
- 'I am eating a bottle of Nutella a day!'
- We Tried the 2018 Goop Detox and Couldn’t Stop Fantasizing About Cheetos
- Quarantine Kitchen: See What The Pros Are Cooking During Coronavirus Social Distancing
- Hungry Girl: Healthy Banana Muffins You Can Make in the Blender
- China pushes draft law to reclassify dogs as pets, not livestock
Summertime, and the eating is exciting have 320 words, post on www.pressherald.com at May 19, 2019. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.