Email ABC Wide Bay By Sarah Jane Bell Posted June 28, 2019 06:17:10 Photo: From July, funerals will be allowed in a number of public parks on the Fraser Coast. (Supplied: Rowan Steer) Related Story: You can take it with you! The unique items people are buried with Related Story: Woven coffins and not-for-profit funerals: Breathing new life into the death trade Related Story: When the living and the dead disagree over funerals, whose beliefs matter most? Map: Hervey Bay 4655 Funeral directors in Queensland have supported a move by a regional council to trial permitting funerals in public parks. Key points:Nine parks in the council area have been chosen as options where outdoor funerals can be heldThe outdoor ceremonies must be closed-casket and not held in a main thoroughfareFuneral directors have backed the trial, saying people have shifted away from wanting a spiritual or church-based service The Fraser Coast Regional Council has announced that from July funerals can be held in nine selected parks and reserves in the region.The decision came following changes in the funeral industry over recent decades as more people have moved away from traditional church services.Incoming president of the Queensland division of the Australian Funeral… Read full this story
- Putting The Fun Into Funerals
- Grateful Dead, Greta in Dakotas: News from around our 50 states
- Scuba pumpkins, whey vodka: News from around our 50 states
- A week of Rice!
- EXCLUSIVE: 'He was never shunned. He was never homeless.' Pete Buttigieg's brother-in-law says 2020 candidate's husband is loved by his family and calls claims of a rift a 'sob story'
- Around our 50 states
- Electric vehicle charging hub opens in Dundee
- You have to remember…
- Whisk away to Whistler: Insider's guide to North America's biggest ski resort, where deep powder, bucket list activities and a buzzing après scene make it the perfect winter vacation for all the family
- Looking back on a year of success at Dunluce School
Fraser Coast funeral trial permits outdoor ceremonies in council parks and reserves have 312 words, post on www.abc.net.au at June 28, 2019. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.