The 400m freestyle star, who sparked debate over drugs in swimming at the world titles with his protest of Chinese swimmer Sun Yang, said he was “disappointed” a teammate had tested positive to a banned substance. It comes after Jack wrote an in-depth response to Ligandrol being found in her system — a drug known for its bulking and cutting properties, mainly used by bodybuilders. She maintains she has no idea how she tested positive. Both Jack’s A and B samples returned positive readings with the second positive test being confirmed on July 19 — more than a week before the story broke. It’s why Jack was suddenly pulled out of the World Championships, despite initially claiming it was because of “personal reasons”. Horton, who has become the face of swimming’s fight against doping, spoke to the Seven Network, saying he had not shifted his stance against drugs in sport. “I was disappointed to learn late yesterday that a fellow Dolphins team member had recently returned a positive A sample,” Horton said. “I applaud the decision to immediately withdraw the athlete in question from further competition until this matter is resolved. “My position remains firm — clean sport must be… Read full this story
- Mack Horton: I would have staged protest even if I knew about Shayna Jack
- Australian swimmer Shayna Jack 'will not stop' until her name is cleared
- Sun Yang reacts to doping case bombshell claims
- What now for Papa's Little Princesses? Prince Andrew has long funded their jet-setting lifestyles, but can the Royal Family protect Eugenie and Beatrice (the bride-to-be) in the wake of their father's fall from grace?
- The Kennedys and a Cover-Up: The Bizarre True Story of Chappaquiddick
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’s Strong Sunday Bulks Marvel Pic To $122.7M Opening – Monday Final
- NFL Week 8 Practice Squad Power Rankings: Kerrith Whyte can inject life into Chicago Bears' running game
- Bobby Fischer: from prodigy to pariah
- Uber's fall from grace, Equifax hack, #MeToo: Tech scandals, 2017-18
- Exclusive — 2016 Arizona Police Report: Cocaine Pipe Found in Car Rented by Joe Biden’s Son Hunter Biden, Authorities Declined to Prosecute
Shayna Jack releases in-depth statement surrounding positive test, Mack Horton responds have 342 words, post on www.news.com.au at July 29, 2019. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.