The physical breakdown of DeMarcus Cousins can be traced back to a 13-game stretch in 2017 by Sam Quinn Aug 15, 2019 at 9:20 pm ET • 13 min read DeMarcus Cousins is expected to miss significant time with a major injury to his left leg — this is the third season in a row in which such a headline has been applicable to the former All-Star. He has now suffered three debilitating injuries to three separate parts of his leg while playing for three different teams. Now Cousins, an All-NBA player as recently as the 2015-16 season, will likely be confined to short-term deals and minute-restrictions for the rest of this career. He is only 29-years-old, but the best part of his career is likely over. The Los Angeles Lakers, meanwhile, swung for the fences yet somehow managed to strike out before the first pitch. So it’s worth examining how exactly we got this point. Why does this keep happening to Cousins, and where can both he, and the Lakers, go from here? Why does Cousins keep getting hurt?Cousins would never have been mistaken for Lou Gehrig, but he was a relatively durable big man before this saga began. He missed more… Read full this story
- ‘It’s eating me alive:’ DeMarcus Cousins again leading Kings’ longshot playoff push
- What Vlade Divac learned in process of trading DeMarcus Cousins: ‘Not to trust agents’
- DeMarcus Cousins on talking to Kings: ‘It was a coward move, so I’m pretty sure I will get a coward response’
- Antetokounmpo leads Milwaukee against Los Angeles after 48-point outing
- LeBron, Lakers Hold Off Pesky Hawks
- Lakers on the brink of a breakthrough
- Report: Lakers to make LeBron James starting point guard
- Portland’s Jusuf Nurkic taken off court on stretcher after gruesome leg injury
- Can Kentucky cure what is ailing them?
- Klay Thompson’s Warriors teammates say he should be All-Star
DeMarcus Cousins injury timeline: How the former All-Star reached this point, what's next for him and the Lakers have 306 words, post on www.cbssports.com at August 16, 2019. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.