Appearing Saturday on CNN, Obama-era U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power accused President Donald Trump of “blatantly extorting” Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky during their July telephone call in which they discussed U.S. military aid and Hunter Biden’s business dealings in the eastern European country. Power’s charge and those similar were vehemently denied this week by both Trump and Ukraine’s leader. A partial transcript is as follows: ANA CABRERA: I have to ask you about the fallout from [President Trump’s] call with the Ukrainian president. You tweeted this: “That Donald Trump thought it was a good idea to release this transcript is a staggering testament to the endemic corruption of his administration. He and his close advisers have lost the ability to even see what’s incriminating.” Ambassador, that’s quite the statement. FORMER AMB. SAMANTHA POWER: I think what we have seen from the beginning of this presidency is a pattern where what matters most to the president of the United States is his own welfare, his own self-aggrandizement, his own wealth, his own political fortune. And there are so many examples of this, but here is an example where the president is blatantly extorting a foreign leader, a foreign leader who is governing a… Read full this story
- Trump and Russia Are Colluding in Ukraine for Profit and Political Gain
- Donald Trump's call with the Ukrainian President is far from the 'perfect' scenario he said it was
- Lev Parnas and His Powerful Republican Friends: A Photo Album
- Donald Trump asked Australia to help investigate the Mueller probe. What's it got to do with impeachment?
- In Trump’s Impeachment, Republicans Don’t Even Know What They’re Covering Up
- “Do Us a Favor”: The Forty-eight Hours That Sealed Trump’s Impeachment
- Gordon Sondland Is Aiming Right at Trump’s Achilles’ Heel
- 'This isn't a trial - it's a COVER-UP!' Chuck Schumer rages against Mitch McConnell's rules for Donald Trump's impeachment trial as a 'national disgrace'
- Democrats and Donald Trump will each get just 24 hours over TWO DAYS to make their case at impeachment trial, under Republican plan - and senators will debate rules behind closed doors tomorrow
- Donald Trump goes on trial TODAY: Senators to open bitter partisan warfare on the rules as only the third president ever is tried - with Democrats slamming a 'cover-up' and poll showing 51% want him removed from office
Samantha Power: Trump was ‘Blatantly Extorting’ Ukraine have 396 words, post on www.breitbart.com at September 28, 2019. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.