The National Centre of Performing Arts (NCPA) in Mumbai will celebrate its 50th year with a three-day multi genre extravaganza ‘NCPA Add Art Festival’ to be held from November 29 to December 1 in Mumbai. The festival will showcase performances across theatre, dance, Indian and western classical music, stand-up acts, screenings, puppetry and workshops. Khushroo N Suntook, Chairman, NCPA said, “It has been a long and exciting journey for everyone who has been associated with NCPA. The 50th year milestone will serve as a direction for us to grow and be an integral part of the cultural life of not just Mumbai, but the whole nation. With our constant endeavour to project only the best performances across the country and internationally, NCPA is truly becoming a beacon of culture.” Artists including Rashid Khan, Zakir Hussain, Aditi Mangaldas, Malavika Sarukkai, Shiv Kumar Sharma, Hariprasad Chaurasia, Birju Maharaj, Ajoy Chakrabarty, Mallika Sarabhai, Astad Deboo, Zakir Khan, Amit Tondon, Jim Sarb, Igudesman and several more would be performing at the festival. The festival will commence with Symphony Orchestra of India. Led by music director Marat Bisengaliev and associate music director Zane Dalal, the concert will also feature joint choirs from around India. The… Read full this story
- Cautious performers take their shows online: The performing arts community is getting creative in face of virus
- $12 million performing arts venue on Kāpiti Coast ready to make its stage debut
- Celebrate 20 years of Tao, with 66 artists this weekend
- This Is How German Electronic Icons Kraftwerk Are Celebrating Their 50-Year Anniversary
- Scenes from LSU's national championship parade and celebration: 'The party has just begun!'
- Beyond the beach of doom: what made Lithuania art's world champions?
- Essential Arts: L.A.'s art fairs are here. From Frieze to Felix, it’s #artmageddon
- Arts Council announces lineup of music headliners for 2020 Ebb & Flow Festival
- Essential Arts: LACMA demolition is just weeks away. Will the budget hold?
- ‘Meth Kelly’ and colonial monsters: Australia's biggest art shows get Indigenous rewrite
National Centre of Performing Arts to Celebrate 50 Years in Mumbai with Add Art Festival have 323 words, post on www.news18.com at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.