Former BBC newsreader Peter Sissons died surrounded by his family at a hospital after staff “fought gallantly to save him”. His cause of death is currently unknown. Following the news of his death, Piers Morgan, 54, paid a tribute to the late star on Twitter. The Good Morning Britain star described the BBC and ITN star as a “splendidly combative and amusing man”. In view of his 6.8 million followers, he shared a picture of the late star alongside the caption: “RIP Peter Sissons, 77. “An excellent journalist & TV newsreader, and splendidly combative & amusing man.” Knight Ayton management confirmed Peter’s death in a statement yesterday. They said: “We are sad to announce that Peter Sissons, the former presenter on ITN, Channel 4 and the BBC, died peacefully last night in Maidstone Hospital, Kent. “His wife and three children were with him and wish to pass on their thanks to the hospital staff who were so caring and fought gallantly to save him to the end.” BBC Director General Tony Hall also told Express.co.uk: “Peter Sissons was one of the great television figures of his time – as an interviewer, presenter and world-class journalist. “During his distinguished career he… Read full this story
- Piers Morgan left heartbroken as he shares family loss ‘She will be greatly missed by us'
- Corrie's Harry Visinoni's life off-camera – stunning girlfriend to Piers Morgan feud
- Harry Potter's Paul Ritter leaves entire £70k estate to wife after tragic death aged 54
- Tommy Kirk dead: Old Yeller and Swiss Family Robinson star found at home aged 79
- Norman Lloyd dead: Dead Poets Society actor dies at record-breaking age of 106
- Barry Ryan dead: Eloise singer who performed with twin Paul dies as Cat Stevens speaks out
- Peter Andre recalls his family suffering racism ‘for years’ because they are Greek
- Tom Jones feared he wouldn't be able to perform after death of beloved wife Linda
- Tom Jones, 80, feared he wouldn't survive wife's death and reached out to grief therapist
- Sharon Stone opens up on life after death 'I had sense of seeing those who'd gone before'
Piers Morgan speaks out on ‘splendidly combative’ Peter Sissons after his death aged 77 have 338 words, post on www.express.co.uk at October 3, 2019. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.