It Five years ago, though, the Now it's tapping an energy source that its creators hope will give new life to the county of Cornwall. Cornwall has a major advantage when it comes to alternative energy production: It sits atop a 280-million-year-old granite mass known as the Cornubian batholith , which is geologically ideal for producing geothermal energy. No one was thinking about that, though, when the Jubilee Pool was built in the town of A band of enthusiastic locals stayed the wrecking ball. They offered to take over management of the pool, with a mission that it would serve the community as it once had. A local hotelier, After a two-year renovation, the pool reopened That limited operational window, though, was a conundrum. Fed by the sea and flushed by the tides, the pool was not heated, making it too cold for winter swimming — a major missed opportunity, Ms. Stuart said. The solution lay beneath her feet. Now, on a small patch of land adjacent to the pool, a bore hole has been drilled into the rock on which the lido is built. Starting next year, it is expected to The project, which will cost about Geothermal Engineering… Read full this story
- Employment in Taiwan Gains Optimism in 2021 Driven By Growth in Sustainable Energy
- Boris's dig at Macron as Brexit negotiations go the 11th hour: PM says French leader 'shares my keen interest in protecting the eco-systems of our sea' amid row over fishing as negotiator leaves EU HQ and No Deal edges closer
- This town powered America for decades. What do we owe them?
- Helen McCrory plays a not so peaky blinder: PATRICK MARMION reviews The Deep Blue Sea - an emotive tale of a love triangle gone awry
- How to plan and keep New Year resolutions
- How you can keep your mind sharp... and cut your risk of dementia: Try these tips and techniques from a fascinating new book by a top neurosurgeon
- Wyoming could lead US green energy push with wind power
- Vietnam gov’t seeks to nearly triple wind power capacity to 12,000MW
- Twisted father who repeatedly raped his two stepdaughters from the age of 12 is free to roam his victims' home town as he's pictured sipping on wine and gorging on pizza - despite pleading guilty to horrific sexual abuse charges two MONTHS ago
- Trump's new strategy on coronavirus is already being undermined by his own actions
Seeking New Energy, an English Town Digs Deep have 396 words, post on www.nytimes.com at October 7, 2019. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.