Mumbai: The Shiv Sena on Saturday slammed senior BJP leader Sudhir Mungantiwar for his statement that Maharashtra may head for President’s rule if new government is not put in place by November 7 and sarcastically questionned the senior ally whether the President’s seal was lying at its office in the state. The Sena, which is locked in a bitter battle with the BJP over sharing of power since the results of the assembly elections were declared on October 24, also dared its senior ally to stake claim to form the next government. The tenure of the current Legislative Assembly ends on November 8. Terming the the Sena’s demand for chief minister’s post on a rotational basis with the BJP as the “main hurdle” in government formation, Mungantiwar had said, “A new government will have to be in place within the stipulated time, or else the President will have to intervene. President’s rule will be imposed if the government formation doesn’t happen in the given time.” Attacking Mungantiwar, the Finance minister in the outgoing government, Sena said he issued the “threat” of imposing the President’s rule, as other “intimidation tactics” like using investigating agencies for settling political scores have fallen flat… Read full this story
- Maharashtra: BJP set to junk Shiv Sena’s 50-50 demand, claim 173 seats in all
- Scion xB Says Goodbye with 686 Parklan Edition Model
- President Ramon Magsaysay remembered
- Small Business Snapshot: Pocket Radar Inc.
- Dodge Celebrates 100 Years with Limited-Edition Charger and Challenger
- Mumbai on tenterhooks as 12,000 farmers reach doorstep
- Prep hoops Wednesday, the latest: Volcano Vista advances; Valley KOs Hope
- Switzerland-based CIES ties up with Pillai Group for sports
- Dealers need to work smarter to be relevant in the future: FADA
- Dealers need to work smarter to stay relevant in the future: FADA
Maharashtra: Is President in your pocket? Sena edit on Mungantiwar have 291 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 2, 2019. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.