advertisement advertisement advertisement To tackle climate change, scientists say that we need to hit net zero emissions by 2050. "We really need policy to be able to enact the large-scale system change that we need to reach the kind of climate goals that our leaders are now talking about," says Sonia Aggarwal, vice president of the nonprofit Energy Innovation. "In order to reach net zero, it can't be one technology on its own. It has to be a system-level way of thinking. And policy is really a key to that." advertisement advertisement To make those policies more clear, Energy Innovation has debuted a new analysis that calculates exactly which policy changes are needed in the U.S. to reach that goal, using a tool the group developed called the Energy Policy Simulator. Using public data, the tool simulates the future of major sectors and how price and demand will change over time, and then the researchers plug in various climate policies to see how they interact with each other as a system. The analysis looked at what needs to happen in four areas: transportation, electricity, buildings, and industry. In each case, the country won't completely decarbonize by 2050 but will get so… Read full this story
- Sadiq Khan vows to make London carbon-neutral by 2030 if re-elected
- Victorian Liberals urge federal colleagues to adopt long-term emission reduction targets
- One of America's oldest power companies is going carbon free
- Microsoft wants to go ‘carbon negative’, still helps maximise fossil fuel extraction
- Microsoft is going carbon negative, will reduce more carbon than it has emitted in its history as a company
- Scott Morrison says the government is acting on emissions. Is it true?
- Human Civilization Will Crumble by 2050 If We Don't Stop Climate Change Now, New Paper Claims
- 1% of English residents take one-fifth of overseas flights, survey shows
- Where does Pete Buttigieg stand on the issues?
- Joe Biden's climate plan targets net-zero emissions by 2050
This is how the U.S. gets to zero carbon emissions by 2050 have 321 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at November 21, 2019. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.