Nam also shares the same birthplace (Busan) and school (National Police University) as the head of Police Commissioner General Kim Chang-ryong. Both Nam and Kim served as chief of the GPPA, which covers security of President Moon's private residence in South Gyeongsang. Questions have arisen over whether Nam would have been picked as the first head of the investigation headquarters without such connections. Actually, he easily defeated five other competitors who had applied for the post. Can Nam protect the investigation headquarters, which was launched as part of prosecution reforms, from political interference? Freed from command by the prosecution, the police now can conclude investigations on their own unless the prosecution demands re-investigations. That's why political independence is key. But people's expectations have already been dashed. Despite having greater power than before, the police kept mum over whether the late Seoul mayor Park Won-soon committed sexual misconduct with his secretary. The police even tried to cover up a shameful case involving Vice Justice Minister Lee Yong-ku's use of violence against a taxi driver even after obtaining video footage from a black box. The police have been extremely supine toward the powers that be. Concerns are deepening about their ability —… Read full this story
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - Whatever Became of This E-Ticket Attraction?
- Major League Baseball Rookies - Top 10 Baseball Rookies from 2005
- National Football League Rules - New Rules for the National Football League in 2005
- National League - American League Betting Dynamics
- National Football League Rookies - Top 5 Rookies in the National Football League in 2005
- Liberty League International -- Read This Before Joining
- How To Approach Women Who Are Out Of Your League
- Champions League Quarterfinals Review - Liverpool vs PSV & Chelsea vs Valencia
- Major League Baseball Profits From New Change in Immigration Law
- If You Think Little League Baseball Does Not Teach Important Survival Skills, Think Again
A league of their own have 313 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.